About Ram and
Established sixteen years ago, Ram & McRae, formerly Christopher L. Ram & Company has
distinguished itself in the field of professional services both in Guyana
and abroad. An unchallenged reputation for client focus, professionalism
and excellence is the source of our rapid and continuing growth.
has secured a premier place in the provision of taxation services to local
and international business operators. We offer the business sector a
unique set of the legislation including:
- Consolidated Tax Laws of Guyana (Income Tax (in Aid of Industry),
Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Property Tax and Capital Gains Tax Acts).
These are also available individually.
- Companies Act, 1991
- National Insurance Scheme Act (NIS Act)
- Mining Act
- Petroleum (Exploration & Production) Act
- Petroleum (Production) Act, Cap 65:05
- Termination of Employment & Severance Pay Act
- Trade Union Recognition Act
- Dealers in Foreign Currency (Licencing) Act
- Foreign Exchange (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act
- Revenue Authority Act
Occupancy Tax Act
publications by the Firm which are available to the public are:
- Handbook on the Companies Act, 1991
- The Guyana Business Outlook Survey 1995-1997 and 1999-2002
- Guyana Investors Information Package
on Guyana's National Budget 1991 - 2001
Our credo dictates that we concentrate our energies
on developing creative Ideas
to formulating practical Solutions
and producing tangible Results,
exceeding the expectations of our clients.
through its affiliation with Ernst & Young International has access to
worldwide resources which give our clients access to information and
business opportunities that help them to become leaders in their industry.